Spring is here, and BBQ season is around the corner. You really don’t need an excuse to get outdoors and enjoy friends, family and good food. A good BBQ recipe calls for a hot grill and perfectly seasoned meat and veggies, but there are some BBQ safety tips to consider when spending time outdoors with a hot grill in the heat of the summer.
Someone who has knowledge of fire safety, gas safety or charcoal safety needs to be in charge of the grilling. That one person should have a fire extinguisher available, and should know how to control a fire, should one arise. Food safety is important, as bacteria can grow on any type of food. All food should be kept cool until it is time to either eat it or grill it. Once it is cooked, it needs to be served or refrigerated.
Delicious Ranch Burgers
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 package powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- ¾ cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 chopped onion
- Preheat grill to high heat
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then form into patties
- Cook patties on the grill for 5 minutes on each side until desired temperature.
- Place on a bun and dress burger with lettuce, tomato, and any other toppings.
Makes 8 servings
For information about auto, homeowners, commercial, health and life insurance in Los Angeles, California, please contact us at Medwin Insurance Agency. We happily serve the Beverly Hills and greater Los Angeles area, and work hard for our clients so that they always feel safe and secure.