Add This To The Family Cookbook!
Spring is here which means some of our favorite fruits are finally in season. During the peak of strawberry season in Southern California, we highly recommend taking advantage of spring recipes and seasonal recipes that include this delicious fruit! Gathered is a strawberry shortcake recipe that we highly recommend you whip up for your next family dinner:
Spring Recipes: Strawberry Shortcake
What you will need:
- 3 Pints of Fresh Strawberries
- ½ Cup of White Sugar
- 2 ¼ Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of White Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Shortening
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- 2 Cups of Whipped Heavy Cream
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
How to prepare:
- This delicious recipe takes only about 30 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook, meaning a delicious and decadent dessert in under an hour!
- Start by slicing the strawberries and tossing them with the white sugar, set aside. At the same time, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and grease and flour an 8 inch round cake pan.
- Separately, combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons of white sugar, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl. You can use a pastry blender to cut in the shortening until the concoction looks like coarse crumbs. You will then want to make a well-like center, and add the beaten egg and milk, stirring until just combined.
- Next, spread the beautiful batter in the cake pan and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on the wire rack for a couple minutes. They should be golden brown before you remove them from the oven.
- Slice the cooled cake in half so that you have two layers to work with. Next, place have of your strawberries on one layer and top with the second layer. Add the remaining strawberries and whipped cream to the top.
- Serve, and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this delicious spring recipe and make it a tradition! Contact Medwin Insurance Agency in Beverly Hills for all of your California insurance needs.