If you are about to embark on the journey of marriage, it is important that you remember to include wedding insurance in your wedding plans. Wedding Insurance protects you from the unexpected and any mishaps. Despite popular belief, wedding insurance is relatively inexpensive and typically runs about $125 to $500.
Deciding whether or not to purchase wedding insurance depends on your own needs, for the most part. Many venues require wedding insurance in order to save the date. The average price for a wedding in the United States has skyrocketed over the years. When deciding whether or not to insure your wedding, think about how you would most definitely purchase insurance if you spent the same amount on a car.
Wedding Insurance Covers:
- Illness & Injury
- Missing Officiate
- Missing Vendors
Additional Wedding Insurance Coverage Options:
- Military Service – In case the bride or groom who are active in the military or active reserves is called to duty and the wedding needs to be postponed.
- Gowns & Tuxedos – This also includes if the store you purchased your dress and tuxedo from goes out of business or is damaged.
- Gifts – Check to make sure your gifts aren’t covered under your homeowners’ or renters’ insurance policy.
- Liability – Check to make sure your venue has this coverage settled before you purchase any additional liability coverage.
- Honeymoon – This offers protection if you get sick from all the stress of wedding planning and follow through that one of your get sick or hurt.
What is NOT covered under a typical Wedding Insurance Policy:
- Cold Feet – Don’t plan on backing out and allowing your insurance to take the burden. This is not covered under your insurance policy.
- Cancelling because of something you had prior knowledge about before you purchased the policy.
Medwin Insurance Agency of California strives to continuously provide unique insurance coverage based on your individual needs. We are available to help you with all of your auto, home, business, and family needs. Contact us today for all of your wedding insurance needs.